I LOVE STC :D
Though its super tiring and I was the target of mosquitoes, but..the memories I had there with GROUP 5 - Cockroach is something that I will never forget. (:
STC ROCKS MORE THAN ATC!!AND AND AND
GROUP 5 IS THE BEST :DWe have...
The very Cool Titus!
The very Nice Nikhel!
The very Smart Samuel!
The very Helpful Hong Hao!
The very High Hon Yu!
The very Thoughtful Simin!
The very Cute Wan Shen!
The very Funny Nani!
The very Quiet Raj!
The very Fun William!
The very Enthu Oon Him!
The very Nice Veronica!
The very Nice Ee Min!
The very Gentlemen Hao Kwan (dunno how to spell)
Still got one more RV guy bt I 4gt his name Paiseh ><
The very Hilarious Qinsi!
The very Justy June!
The very Youthful YiJie!
The very Caring Keefoong!
And of cos not forgetting the very GREAT GERALDINE :D
Day 1:Basically, I think the camp should be in the holidays so at least we don't need to have lessons in school for the first half of the day and then head to Ubin after lessons. It seems sort of stupid. No offence but ya. Anyway before the camp really started, we get to know our groupings. In the beginning, to say the truth, I was really very unhappy about the groupings. Therefore, very sorry to those who had to endure my temper. However, after the camp, I realise that there is really 2 sides to everything.
So we headed to Ubin and as usual, it was the long long journey from the Jetty to the Campsite. After we reached, we are supposed to hand in all of our valuables that we WANT to hand in to let the TOs keep for us and so I surrendered my wallet but not my phone xD. Hahas. But I didn't sms anyone so ya the phone is just an extra item there. Anyway after that, formed into our groups. Some of the people are really quite friendly and started saying hi to people around us. At least there are people who break the ice. Hahas. After that was tent-pitching. It was a =.= experience. Seriously, I don't understand why it need to take such a long time before we can start pitching. The materials are like lack this lack that so ya after much time wasted on settling the materials stuff, we finally had our hands on the tent-pitching. Was in a group with Jing Zhen, Lin Fang, Joanna, Cai Ling and Ying Ying. The soil was super duper loose and seriously the tent don't really have much tension except the parts where Joanna did the tent guys. See! Told you guys that rainy is not a good sign! LOL!
After finishing pitching, was dinner. Nan Hua was the only school that needed to cook our dinner. All the other schools bought packet food but Nan Hua is always the special one so its expected. Anyway had a fun time in the canteen waiting for the Sir Nicholas, Sir Bryan and another Sir to cook hot water for our cup noodles. The water really took ages to boil. Hahas.
Then was ice breakers! I was the first to do the self intro xD
And we decided on a very real cute group name "Cockroach" :D
In the first day, my group was not really very enthu but the things change to be the better the next day (:
Day 2:Woke up early to have a shower. Seriously carn stand without being clean. Hahas. Then had PT. Overall it was quite okay. After that had breakfast and off to our first station "Tunnel". Before I start describing the activites, I must seriously say that my group guys are really very gentlemen kind de guys. They helped us in almost everything like taking of rations. Even when I am only carrying the mass tins, one of the guy came to help me after he put down his big box. Nice right? Better than those no initiative guys in my group for ATC.
1st Activity was Tunnel. It was easier than the Tunnel in ATC but ya had quite a lot of fun inside. My group was divided into groups of 5.You can hear screams, birthday songs and shouts and talks from outside when my mini group went in first. Hahas super EPIC! I got hit by Yi Jie twice because I was behind her and she had a hard time climbing up the tunnel. Hahas.
2nd Activity was Jetty Jump or otherwise known as Water Confidence. I jumped twice :D. We are supposed to stand on something like a wooden platform and from a certain height, jump down into the sea. Seriously when I was standing high up there, I reallywas quite afraid. The impact of jumping was oh my god! Scary sia! But it was fun. The feeling was something like riding a rollar coaster when u are going down. And dropping down into the water was oh so cooling :D
3rd Activity was Fire Starting. Group 5 (which is my group) was super pro de can?! My group manage to start a fire with the materials we found in the small little area in our first try. Even the Sir there to instruct us what to do praise that we are really pro because he say the other groups din manage to start a fire after a few tries but yet we manage to start a fire in just our first try :D
*CLAPS* *CLAPS*3 Cheers to Group 5 manx :DThen it was Lunch :D. This year food was no longer every meal maggie. It was something like army food where by the food are already cooked and is packed inside a zipbag or sth. Although it taste okay, I still prefer having maggie. Hahas
4th Acitivity was IRC. It was more fun cos we had to do everything ourselves. We only have a ladder to help us if we lose our balance. Cool right? Seriously when I was on top, I had the feeling that I am going to drop down any time but I still manage to cross all the rope challenge w/o much help from the ladder. Geraldine is pro de lor :D Hahas. Anyway becos of this IRC, I owe Keefoong a meal. =.= Should not have bet with him manx. But nvm lah (:
Last Activity was shelter building. I love this part. Hahas cos super funny. Our shelter is CMI one. But I still manage to keep myself dry unlike the others cos a guy in my group share his poncho with me when I have no space to shelter myself since the rest already coped the space. Hahas. And so the 2 of us shared one poncho and the repayment for being helpful was that he was dry too :D Din manage to say thanks to him so wanna say THANKS to him here. He's from RV :D
Then was dinner (:
After that had some group discussion on the campfire tingy and the day ended.
My group's skit plot is something like that:
A group of campers who went camping in Pulau Ubin was bored to death in the campsite. They was so bored to the extent that they are hitting mosquitoes. Suddenly, the cockroach king with his 2 body guards came and make the campers excited. The campers decided to catch the cockroach but failed and let the cockroach escaped. This made the campers learnt something. Cockroach's "Never Say Die" spirit.
Fast forward to 3 years later, the campers became CIs and were once again camping at Ubin. Suddenly a group of terrorist came to attack them but they manage to survive by learning from the cockroach spirit.
You should really see our skit. My group got one girl called Nani, she super duper funny one. Her acting was thumbs up manx! Make me laugh like siao. Hahas.
So day 2 ended like that. It was a tiring day and I fell asleep till the next morning. It was the first time I slept so soundly in a camp (:
Day 3:Somehow, I became the PTI with Lin Fang, Eugene and Titus. Was quite a good experience though it was not really a very gd job done. But still we did our best (:
After that was area cleaning. My group is super lucky. I think the job we get is the most slack one. Cleaning up the campfire area. My group was the first to finish cleaning and so went to help the other groups. After that had cheering session, group photo taking and it was the end to this 3 days 2 night camp.
LOVE STC TO THE MAX!
3 CHEERS FOR COCKROACH! :D